A harmonious marriage between baklava and apple!
1. Peel the apples and pass them through the grater.
2. Drain and keep their juice.
3. Put the butter in a saucepan and sauté the grated apple.
4. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and brandy. Let it cool down.
5. Put all the ingredients for the syrup in a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool.
6. Chop the walnuts and mix them with cinnamon.
7. Turn on the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
8. Spread two sheets on top of each other, buttering both.
9. Sprinkle with walnuts and cover with the third sheet which you also butter.
10. Fold the two ends inwards.
11. Spread the apple on the lower horizontal side in a long strip and wrap in a roll.
12. Butter the pan and place them inside without touching each other
13. Butter and bake for 40 minutes.
14. Drizzle them with the cold syrup as soon as they come out of the oven.
FOR THE CAKE
1,600 g apples
12 thin filo sheets for baklava
30 g butter
40 g of brown sugar
100 g walnut kernels
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 cl brandy
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or other vanilla
120 g melted butter
FOR THE SYRUP
200 ml of water
200 ml freshly squeezed apple juice
360 g of sugar