Baked in a traditional casserole dish
1. Peel the pumpkins and pass them through the grater.
2. Season with salt and leave it for at least half an hour to drain its liquids.
3. Place the ingredients for the dough in the mixer bowl knead for 15 minutes on the hook on a medium speed
5. Finely chop the onion and sauté it, adding a whole clove of garlic. Let it cool.
6. Cover the dough and let it rest for at least half an hour.
7. To the grated pumpkin, add all the ingredients of the filling including the onion that you fried and mix.
8. Dust some flour on the counter and knead the dough a bit.
9. Divide it into 16 parts and shape them into balls.
10. Spread them with a diameter of about 20 cm.
11. Place on a buttered plate and buttering each sheet, place half of the sheets on top of each other. Do not butter the top sheet. Cover it with a film and put it in the fridge.
12. Repeat the same procedure with the rest of the dough.
13. Cut the cheese
14. Butter the pan
15. Take out the first dish that you placed in the fridge and add all the leaves together on the counter that you have dusted some floured. Spread them with a rolling pin and place them in the casserole. Butter it, put in the filling and spread the cheese on top.
16. Turn the oven to 180 degrees Celsius without the fan.
17. Repeat the same process with the other sheets and spread them over the filling. Rub them with butter and fold the edges around.
18. I carve it and bake it for 1 hour or until it turns brown.
My good friends, have a good appetite!
FOR THE FILLING
500g grated pumpkin
350 g feta cheese
350 g Cheddar cheese
30 g breadcrumbs
5 spring onions
3 tbsp mint finely chopped
3 tbsp parsley finely chopped
3 tbsp dill finely chopped
4 tbsp. olive oil
Salt + pepper
FOR THE DOUGH
700 g of flour
390 ml of water
10 g of salt
10 ml of vinegar